10 THINGS I WISH I KNEW ABOUT MY VAGINA.
A woman’s vagina is an organ located inside your pelvis. It is just one part of your private part. (Bet you didn’t know that eh? I didn’t either). I stumbled on a couple of truths that made me cringed when I think about everything I believed I knew about my vagina. Here are a few facts about your vagina. These are the things I wish I knew about it before now.
- 1. We do not pee from our vaginas. This one got to me. How to know that there was is a small opening between my vagina and my clit wear the pee comes out from? There is. It is called the Urethra. This tiny hole leads all the way up to the bladder. This is where the pee comes out from. Phew!!
- 2. You don’t always “pop the cherry” (cringe) with your first sex. Oh our mothers had a field day with this one. Here is a little secret: the “cherry pop” doesn’t always come with sex. Research has shown that girls who are active in sports and gymnastics can get their hymen torn before sex. I don’t know if I prefer the term “popping the cherry” or “tearing the hymen”. Oh well.
- 3. It shouldn’t smell like roses but it shouldn’t smell like dead fish either. Okay, I was sadden by this fact. We love roses. The truth is that vagina has its own natural smell and does not need the extra flavor. Thank you. That being said, if it smells bad. See a doctor!
- 4. It is not a dirty cloth. Stop douching! Seriously, stop! Douching unbalances the vagina. Not sure if it takes well to being treated like a dirty dish rag.
- 5. No soaps either. The same thing applies to the use of soap on that delicate organ. Soaps too are a no-no for the inside of your vagina! those lips(labia) still needs to be washed with a mild, sensitive, no fragrance feminine wash . TRY INDULGE BATH N BODY FOAMING FEMININE WASH
- 6. All labia's do not look the same. Yes. Just as we have different eyes and noses, so do we have different labia. Stop comparing yours to that of your friends.
- 7. The discharges are not so bad. Vaginas give discharges and that’s normal. They become a problem when the discharges smell and look bad.
- 8. A tampon cannot get lost in there. Where will it go? The vagina is not that deep. If you cannot find it, see a doctor. It probably slipped sideways.
- 9. Nope, it does not stretch like some old panties. Oh the horror! The vagina is elastic and so it will stretch to take any penis and give birth. It will snap back again so stop fretting.
- 10. Sweet V-JayJay. This I know personally. Sometimes what you eat regularly affects your juices down there. Too much onions? Ewww. Too much pineapples? Yum!